Turbocharge your game with Wests +Plus Cricket Academy!
Wests offer a full range of cricket skills training programs through our Wests +Plus Cricket Academy.
The Academy programs offer multiple levels of training intensity to suit players of all ages and skill levels. We offer coaching starting in the pre-season in July and extending through to the end of the playing season in March. If you’re looking for something extra to take your game to the next level, the Wests +Plus Cricket Academy is where it’s happening!
We are pleased to announce for the 2019/20 season and onwards, Peter Steindl is returning to the Club and will be leading the Wests+Plus Cricket Academy.
Peter Steindl is firstly a Wests Old boy. He is also a former International Coach with Scotland from 2007-2013 having represented Scotland himself in the English County competitions. Peter was part of the Scottish Cricket Team for the ICC World Cup in 1999. Recently Peter coached our Wests 2nd and 1st grade men’s teams to premierships in 2015/16 and 2016/17 respectively. Peter has returned to our club and together with former Australian Cricket Coach John Buchanan and Ben Maddox, our Senior Women’s coach, the Western Suburbs Districts Cricket Club has never looked so strong.
Wests +Plus Programs
Peter’s engagement transforms the Wests+Plus Cricket Academy to new levels of excellence. A major feature of his involvement will be the introduction of a Junior and Senior Performance Squad. Watch this space for more information soon.
Our Development Squad Program is for aspiring players of all skill levels generally aged 7-12+ (male and female) and focusses on general cricket development and skills improvement. Development Squad runs for three terms between July and March
Our Focus Squad is an intensive program for more advanced players aged 12-17+ (male and female). These programs are conducted in short bursts to enhance the skills of the aspiring representative player.
Our Holiday Academy Intensive Camps are conducted as 3-day programs during the school holidays for all cricketers (beginner to advanced) and feature full day programs with intensive training activities to develop skills.
Squads are divided into smaller groups of similar age and skill to accommodate everyone from Stage 1 to adult grade players.
Key Features of Wests +Plus academy programs include:
- Our programs are for players of all ages and skill levels.
- Academy programs provide additional skills-specific training to complement regular team training.
- You’ll learn from our experienced Cricket Coaching Australia accredited coaches.
- Visiting specialist elite coaches and representative players will provide valuable input at some training sessions.
- Training sessions are held at the club grounds at Graceville Memorial Park, 173 Oxley Road, Graceville.
- Wests club members enjoy significantly discounted rates on Academy programs. (Multi-term discounts apply to registrations by an individual within a single academy year running from July to March. Please enquire if this is you!)
- 2019-20 season Academy programs will run from July 2019 to March 2020, enabling you to grow your game throughout the cricket playing season.
So sign up for Wests +Plus and turbocharge your game!