The cononavirus pandemic has had a major impact on everyday life, and continues to be a threat to public health in many parts of the world. We’re fortunate in Australia to be in a position to resume community sports activities, but this privilege is dependent on all of us doing our part to ensure that coronavirus stays contained.
Wests is committed implementing our COVID Safety Plan for all club activities to enable our members to enjoy playing cricket in a safe environment.
Key COVID Safety Principles
The key principles of our COVID Safety Plan are:
- Social distancing – maintain 1.5m separation from other people.
- Hand sanitisation – wash your hands frequently.
- Stay home if you’re unwell.
- No sharing of personal equipment (bats excepted if sanitised when transferred between players).
IMPORTANT: These are not the only requirements for COVID safety at Wests – please read our COVID Safety Plan below for full details.
Club COVID Safety Plan
Wests has developed a COVID Safety plan specific to our club’s operations to minimise the risk of COVID-19 being transmitted due to club activities.
The plan has been developed on the basis of the requirements of the Queensland Government, Cricket Australia, Queensland Cricket and the approved Industry COVID Safe Plan for Field Team Sports.
All aspects of the club’s activities are covered by this plan, and it is important that everyone participating in Wests activities understands and complies with this document. Please note that it may be amended if circumstances around the coronavirus pandemic change.
Wests is using the EVA Check-In App to collect details of everyone who attends Wests’ grounds and facilities. It is a Queensland Government requirement that we maintain these records, so it is a mandatory requirement of attendance at Wests sites that everyone check in, including spectators.
Site attendance registers will be used by Wests only for COVID-19 contract tracing purposes in accordance with Queensland Government requirements. All data collected is stored on secure EVA Check-in servers and is deleted after mandatory retention period has expired.
How to check in
Check-in using EVA Check-In is very quick and simple:
- Scan the QR code for the applicable Wests site on signs provided at each site.
- Enter your contact details into the EVA Check-in website.
Quicker Check-in with the EVA Check-In App
Want to stream-line your check in at Wests sites? You can make the process super fast and super easy using the EVA Check-in App. The app is particularly useful when you need to register groups of people (such as multiple family members) at a club facility.
To set up the app:
- Download the EVA Check-in app onto your phone.
- Create a profile for yourself in the App.
- Create profiles for anyone else you need to check in (eg: family members).
Download the EVA Check-In App here:
Resources (signs, forms etc) for use by Wests’ coaches, managers and officials when setting up COVID-Safe sites for club activities are provided below:
- Attendance Register – Record attendance at all club activities.
- Registration Instruction Sign – Show where to register and who must do so.
- Hand Sanitiser Table Station – Sanitiser display and reminder to sanitise hands frequently!
- Restricted Access Area In/Out Signs – Designated entry and exit signage for club restricted access areas (eg: training zones).
- Key COVID Safety Measure Sign – Display this at each training and playing venue.
- WSDCC COVID Safety Plan QR Code Sign – Provides quick access to the online WSDCC COVID Safety Plan page.
- Cricket Practice Area Setup Instruction Sheet – Visual card showing how to set up a restricted-access cricket training area.
- Site Registration Pages
COVID Safety Officer
All enquiries and reporting regarding COVID-19 issue to Wests’ COVID Safety Officer Greg Rowell.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0438 554 119